Date: 10/17/20 2:25 pm
From: Terry Bronson <tbronsonbirds...>
Subject: Pleasants County Big Day results
I participated in eBird's October Big Day today, limiting myself to
Pleasants County. I didn't get started until 8:20 am due to early morning
fog; I ended at 3: 42 pm.

Locations visited included Pleasants County Park, St. Marys Marina, Ohio
River Islands National Wildlife Refuge Middle Island Unit (now open once
again since the access bridge reconstruction has been completed), Upper
Eureka Pond, and Willow Island Lock and Dam fishing access. French Creek
Wildlife Management Area and Sycamore Pond were devoid of birds.

I had hoped for 50 species, since virtually all Neotropical migrants and
shorebirds have departed. I got 47. Here's the list:

1 Canada Goose--heard only
2 American Wigeon--1, St. Marys Marina
3 Mallard
4 Green-winged Teal--3, St. Marys Marina
5 Pied-billed Grebe--1, Upper Eureka Road pond
6 Rock Pigeon
7 Mourning Dove
8 Killdeer--1, St. MarysMarina
9 Double-crested Cormorant--38, Willow Island Fishing Access
10 Great Blue Heron
11 Turkey Vulture
12 Red-shouldered Hawk
13 Red-tailed Hawk
14 Yellow-bellied Sapsucker--1, Pleasants County Park
15 Red-bellied Woodpecker
16 Pileated Woodpecker
17 Northern Flicker
18 American Kestrel
19 Blue-headed Vireo--1, Ohio River Islands NWR--Middle Island Unit
20 Blue Jay
21 American Crow
22 Carolina Chickadee
23 Tufted Titmouse
24 Golden-crowned Kinglet--1, Pleasants County Park
25 Ruby-crowned Kinglet--1, Ohio River Islands NWR--Middle Island Unit
26 White-breasted Nuthatch
27 Brown Creeper--1, Ohio River Islands NWR--Middle Island Unit
28 Carolina Wren
29 European Starling
30 Northern Mockingbird
31 Eastern Bluebird
32 Hermit Thrush--1, Pleasants County Park
33 American Robin
34 Cedar Waxwing
35 House Sparrow
36 House Finch
37 American Goldfinch
38 Chipping Sparrow--20, St. Marys Marina
39 Field Sparrow
40 Dark-eyed Junco--2, Pleasants County Park
41 White-crowned Sparrow--4, Ohio River Islands NWR--Middle Island Unit
42 White-throated Sparrow
43 Song Sparrow
44 Eastern Towhee
45 Magnolia Warbler--1, Pleasants County Park
46 Yellow-rumped Warbler
47 Northern Cardinal

--
Terry Bronson