Date: 10/17/20 1:28 pm
From: Bradley Hacker <hacker...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Upper Santa Ynez
This AM I drove to the east end of E Camino Cielo at Romero
Saddle--plenty of Common Poorwills on the way--where the USFS gate is
still closed. I rode my bike down the dirt road to the S Ynez River
crossing west of Jameson Lake and looked pretty hard for 2:45 hr, hoping
there might be something interesting. There were no interesting birds,
but I did see the largest bear I've ever seen in the county. Bear tracks
everywhere, so if bearspotting excites you, this might be a good spot.
ebird list <https://ebird.org/checklist/S74968090>

The USFS still has the multi-year-old post on their website that the
dirt road from Romero Saddle to the S Ynez River is closed to winter
storm damage, but my vision is apparently really bad because no storm
damage was evident to me. Would be nice to get vehicle access to this
area again.

--
Brad Hacker
Goleta