Date: 10/17/20 10:07 am
From: Bird observations from western New York <geneseebirds-l...>
Subject: [GeneseeBirds-L] Cuylerville: Pipits, L. Longspur, Horned Larks
There was a good number (40+) of American Pipits, scattered widely and chasing about in dirt fields along Perry Rd. (east of River Rd.) late this morning; also about half that many Horned Larks. Of special note was a Lapland Longspur. I could hear the “tew” call well out in the field a couple times - then as it flew over me and landed, allowing me to get a decent photo. Most of the pipits and the longspur were along the dirt farm path that runs north through the dirt fields - a little ways past the standing corn.
Earlier I birded along the greenway south from Chandler Rd., but things were very quiet — none of the warblers I had a couple days ago. I did see about 7 White-crowned Sparrows around the farm yard area.
We still have a Pine Siskin stopping by our feeders every once and a while in Geneseo.

Jim Kimball
<kimball...>