Date: 10/17/20 10:02 am
From: Jim Dehnert <dehnert...>
Subject: [pen-bird] White-throated x Golden-crowned Sparrow hybrid?
I apologize for the late report -- I've been busy and just got a look at my
photos...

I saw a couple of interesting sparrows at the top of the Mindego Hill Trail
in Russian Ridge OSP on Monday. They had bright yellow crowns AND
supra-loral patches, white throats (one apparently brighter than the
other), and clear breasts. I spent time trying to turn them into one
species or the other, but perhaps they were hybrids. They looked immature
to me (thought I'm not the best authority), so perhaps both from a local
brood. Comments welcome -- the best photos are in
https://ebird.org/checklist/S74918342 .

Cheers,
Jim

Jim Dehnert