Date: 10/17/20 9:27 am
From: Sharon Goldwasser <azfiddle...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] [EXT]Sprague’s Pipit Lakeside Park Tucson
External Email

Good morning birders. I had a bird I am 99% sure was a Sprague’s Pipit this morning on the soccer field in the northwest side of the park. It was walking alone in the grass and I followed it for over 5 minute and took photos.

The back resembles a meadowlark with a streaked appearance. Pink legs, buffy wash on the sides, streaked upper breast, overall tawny appearance and no tail wagging or bobbing behavior

The bird was quite tame as I watched it And I tried not to get too close but at some point It decided to fl toward the lake.

Good luck if you go look for it. I’d check both the baseball and soccer fields....

Sharon Goldwasser

Sent from my iPhone