Date: 10/17/20 7:22 am
From: Goodwin, Tommy J. (Student) <tjgbp7...>
Subject: Chestnut-collared Longspurs Darst Bottom Rd, St Charles

Jessie, Brian Stamper, and I had two CHESTNUT-COLLARED LONGSPURS at 38°38'35.1"N 90°45'50.5"W
This morning. We've been chasing them for photos, but haven't succeeded; although we do have audio. They have returned to apx these coordinates 3 times now though. If looking for them they are flying with Horned Larks, and their white tail triangles are easily seen in flight. They are very vocal as well.

38°38'35.1"N 90°45'50.5"W
Darst Bottom Rd, Defiance, MO 63341
https://goo.gl/maps/Ee3KHH5VZCobm7f58

They have flown into the corn stalks and by the radio tower at times.

Tommy Goodwin
St Charles, MO