Date: 10/17/20 5:40 am
From: Joel Geier <clearwater...>
Subject: [obol] Dire Bird Alert: Tanager danger in Corvallis?
A reminder, it's good to be cautious if you encounter tanagers lurking in our local parks, this late in the season. If not stranglers, they could be hepatitic.

I haven't heard one at our place north of Corvallis since the first week of October, but I'll be locking our doors just to be safe.

Western Tanager (Piranga ludoviciana) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Oct 15 , 2020 09:30 by Duncan Evered
- Willamette Park--South Side, Benton, Oregon
- Checklist: [ https://ebird.org/checklist/S74866858 | https://ebird.org/checklist/S74866858 ]
- Comments: "Heard giving "pit-er-ick" call repeatedly from riparian cover
of Booneville Channel. Not seen. Have not heard or seen one in the park
since 9/26, though photographed one at Butterfield Wetland on 10/1, so
clearly a strangler.

--
Joel Geier
Camp Adair area north of Corvallis,