Date: 10/13/20 3:16 pm
From: Joan Lentz (cox.net address) <joanlentz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Northern Parula continues at LogMeIn tipu trees
Hi All: Today, I went w/ Florence Sanchez to check out the Tipu trees at this business park off Hollister Ave. in Goleta. We met a number of other birders there, including Adrian O’Laughlin who refound one of the Northern Parula Warblers that continues here. It was in the far northwestern-most Tipu tree bordering on the RR tracks right-of-way.
Still seeing other common migrant warblers, NASHVILLE, BLACK-THROATED GRAY, YELLOW. Many, many more Yellow-rumped Warblers as the days go by.
On another subject, HAWKWATCH: both Nick and I have noticed this phenomenon, one of birds migrating along the coastal plain abandoning their journey east and veering off NORTH towards the foothills of the SY Mountains to gain altitude from the thermals before they resume their eastward progress. Has anyone else observed this about fall migrant raptors?

https://ebird.org/bcn/checklist/email?subID=S74783784 <https://ebird.org/bcn/checklist/email?subID=S74783784> today’s list

Good birding!
Joan Lentz

View/Reply Online (#31247): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31247