Date: 10/11/20 9:14 pm
From: Lisa D. Walker, (Feather Forestwalker) <feather...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Last few days around Lompoc
Ocean Park (park and estuary, not on the beach) --

Marbled Godwits
Black-bellied Plovers
California, Western, Heermann's and Ring-billed Gulls
one or two terns (they're moving on? moving around from beach to beach in
the area? Not sure about what all the species of terns down here do. Up on
the Mendocino coast we see mainly Caspian's near shore.)
California Brown Pelicans,
Ruddy Ducks,
Western and Clark's Grebes (all three species came back today after a long
absence and they weren't there yesterday morning that I could see),
Mallards,
Great Egrets,
Snowy Egrets,
Short-billed Dowitchers,
Greater Yellowlegs,
a couple Long-billed Dowitchers,
Long-billed Curlew,
Willet
Whimbrel,
Dunlin,
Sanderling,
Semipalmated Plovers,
Least Sandpiper
Western Sandpiper
Snowy Plovers,
Sharp-shinned Hawk,
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher,
Bewick's Wren,
White-crowned Sparrow,
Savannah Sparrow,
Song Sparrow,
House Finch,
Brewer's and Red-winged Blackbirds,
Common Yellowthroat,
California Thrasher,
Eared Grebe,
Double-crested Cormorant,
Lesser Goldfinch,
Osprey,
American Kestrel
Peregrine Falcon

On Ocean heading back into town
American Crows
Loggerhead Shrike
Cassin's Kingbird (that was in September)
Brewers and Red winged Blackbirds
May have seen one Great-tailed Grackle
House Finches
American Goldfinches
Lesser Goldfinches
California Quail
California Towhee
Red-tailed Hawk
American Kestrel
Brown-headed Cowbirds
Western Meadowlark
Song Sparrow
White-crowned Sparrow
Savannah Sparrow

Miguelito Canyon Park--- the area inside the first parking lot that has a
trail along the creek where the two huge redwoods are (reminding me a bit
of home)
American Robin
California Scrub Jay
Oak Titmouse
Acorn Woodpecker
Band-tailed Pigeon (again reminding me of home)
Eurasian Collared Dove
Nuttall's Woodpecker
Northern Flicker
Red-breasted Nuthatch
Townsend's Warbler
Ruby-crowned Kinglet
Pacific-slope Flycatcher
Bewick's Wren
European Starling
Yellow-rumped Warbler
(there was a beautiful Black-throated Gray Warbler a week or more ago)
Orange-crowned Warbler
Spotted Towhee

There are a few birds whose calls I cannot identify out there. I can't see
them but I sure do hear them. I have a video recording of one. But for now
I am sharing highlight photos from the last few days (I hope that's OK with
the list admin)

Lisa D Walker-Roseman

--
Lisa D Walker-Roseman,

Fort Bragg, CA (visiting Lompoc through November)

View/Reply Online (#31231): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31231
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>