Date: 10/10/20 8:14 pm
From: Linus Blomqvist <linus.blomqvist...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Big Sit
Hi all,

I did a Big Sit at Haskell's Beach today, on the little knoll southeast of
the Bacara Resort (34.4307914, -119.9147157). I started at 6.15 am and
stayed the rest of the day. Christian Puga joined for a couple of hours in
the morning and another friend for a couple of hours in the afternoon. With
their help, I managed to see a respectable 72 species from within my 17 ft
circle. All but two were expected at this time and location. The exceptions
were a Northern Waterthrush in the creek below, and two White Pelicans
flying by inland.

To my knowledge, 72 is the highest count for a Big Sit in the county. I
really enjoyed the day and I hope more people will have an opportunity to
do a Big Sit next year.

Checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S74672150

Linus
*Linus Blomqvist*