Date: 10/10/20 12:14 pm
From: Steven Gaulin <gaulin...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Riviera Business Park, and Yellow-breasted Chat in Mission Canyon Heights
I had an hour (minus commuting time) between zoom meetings yesterday afternoon so I decided to try the fountain/pool at the Riviera Business Park. I was there from about 2:30 to 3:20 and the activity was almost frenetic, with birds coming and going constantly. By far the most common were Yellow-rumps with significant numbers of Yellow and Orange-crowned Warblers. R-C Kinglets put in some skittish appearances as did S-B Munias. Best birds were one Black-throated Grey Warbler and one or two (may have been two visits by the same individual) male Western Tanagers.

However, when I got home and my meeting launched, a Yellow-breasted Chat visited my birdbath (in Mission Canyon Heights). This is only the second time I've seen that species here. It has not been back today.

Steven Gaulin
Santa Barbara

View/Reply Online (#31211): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31211
-=-=-