Date: 10/8/20 2:31 pm
From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] UCSB East Beach this morning
I took a walk up the beach today, starting about 9:30 a.m.  The tide was coming in, which caused a lot of movement among the birds, but there still was a great assortment of shorebirds present and viewing conditions were ideal.  I did not see the Curlew Sandpiper, but 2 other birders I met had it  near the wooden steps before I arrived.  The kelp piles have shifted so that the biggest accumulation is just south of the steps as you walk toward Campus Point.
Birds I had this morning included 1 Kildeer, 8 Black-bellied Plovers, and numerous Semi-palmated Plovers; 1 Willet, 2 Greater Yellowlegs, 6 Marbled Godwits, 1 Whimbrel, and 1 Long-billed Curlew; 1 Spotted Sandpiper, 6 Black Turnstones, abundant numbers of Least Sandpipers and Sanderlings, and 2 Western Sandpipers.
I checked the puddle at the end of Coronado Drive and there was a moderate amount of activity there, but all from common birds that one would expect this time of year.
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#31199): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31199
-=-=-
-=-=-