Date: 10/3/20 5:23 pm
From: eBird alert <alert.ebird...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] [eBird Alert] Santa Barbara County Rare Bird Alert
*** Species Summary:

- Curlew Sandpiper (4 reports)
- Tropical Kingbird (1 report)
- Blackpoll Warbler (1 report)

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Oct 03, 2020 09:47 by Jason Siemens
- UCSB--East beach (formerly Goleta Bay West beach), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8419678&<ll...>,-119.8419678
- Comments: "With flock of Sanderlings. Same reported bird in same location."

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Oct 03, 2020 07:49 by Alex Loos
- UCSB--East beach (formerly Goleta Bay West beach), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8419678&<ll...>,-119.8419678
- Media: 5 Photos
- Comments: "Continuing, arrived with a small flock of Sanderlings, later joined by more Sanderlings"

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Oct 02, 2020 10:21 by Rick Saxton
- UCSB--East beach (formerly Goleta Bay West beach), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8419678&<ll...>,-119.8419678
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "continuing juvenile, not nearly as bright as 2 weeks ago as molt has progressed. Got within 12' of me when I sat on the sand and didn't move."

Curlew Sandpiper (Calidris ferruginea) (1)
- Reported Oct 02, 2020 10:21 by Gary Woods
- UCSB--East beach (formerly Goleta Bay West beach), Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8419678&<ll...>,-119.8419678
- Media: 1 Photo
- Comments: "continuing juvenile, not nearly as bright as 2 weeks ago as molt has progressed. Got within 12' of me when I sat on the sand and didn't move."

Tropical Kingbird (Tyrannus melancholicus) (1) CONFIRMED
- Reported Oct 03, 2020 06:30 by Dan Fontaine
- Ellwood Mesa Open Space, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.8887134&<ll...>,-119.8887134
- Comments: "Longer, heavy bill. Yellow up to the throat. On NCOS."

Blackpoll Warbler (Setophaga striata) (1)
- Reported Oct 03, 2020 09:35 by David Compton
- Orpet Park and Riviera Business Park, Santa Barbara, California
- Map: http://maps.google.com/?ie=UTF8&t=p&z=13&<q...>,-119.7047755&<ll...>,-119.7047755
- Comments: "Seen well at the edge of the reflecting pool."

View/Reply Online (#31163): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31163
-=-=-
-=-=-
Group Owner: main+<owner...>