Date: 10/2/20 11:33 am
From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Goleta Birding
I went to Ocean Meadows early this morning.  There was a lot of activity in the willows as one comes in and also in the ground covers, but the best bird I could turn up was a Yellow Warbler.  No sign of a White-winged Dove.  However, I had my scope and it got in the way of good landbird birding.
I checked the channel that runs the length of the reserve and has a little water in it up to the Phelps Bridge.   I picked up Kildeer, Western and Least Sandpipers, and somewhere a Greater Yellowlegs was calling.  No other peeps observed.  At the bridge, a Green Heron was Patiently waiting for something to stab at. On my way back, a Merlin made several passes over the shorebirds, scattering them away.
I checked the Evergreen open space and it was not worth the effort.  The park is dry and Eucs do no have lerps.  At Bella Vista Open space, I ran into Nick .  Wemade a diligent search of the Park but turned up nothinig of note.
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#31155): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31155
-=-=-
-=-=-