Date: 10/1/20 9:41 am
From: Rob Denholtz <robdenholtz...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Red-shouldered Hawk
I’m posting to ask for comments on a Red-shouldered Hawk I saw today on Gobernador Canyon Rd., in Carp. I had long, close-up looks at this particularly beautiful bird as it fed on the ground and flew to a near-by tree. Its entire breast and belly was unstreaked mahogany. Its upper back, also, was mahogany streaked with black. Its lower back was the usual speckled appearance. The tail had the expected thin white terminal band and a broad black sub-terminal. It was the pure mahogany front that seemed unusual.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Rob Denholtz
Carp