Date: 9/30/20 3:28 pm
From: Linus Blomqvist <linus.blomqvist...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Big Sit and Big Day
Hi all,

There are two national/global birding events coming up in October and both
are covid-compatible and sort of social (in that lots of people are
participating nation-/world-wide even as people might go out individually).

First, a reminder that the annual *Big Sit* organized by the New Haven Bird
Club is coming up on October 10-11. More info on http://thebigsit.org. I'll
be doing a Big Sit near Haskell's Beach, probably on the 10th, and
possibly another one by the UCSB Campus Lagoon on the 11th.

Also, the *eBird October Big Day* is taking place on October 17. Info here
<https://ebird.org/octoberbigday>. I looked through the archive for this
email list and it seems like several Big Days have been done here in
spring, but I couldn't find any for the fall. I might go birding at least
part of the day. If anyone has any tips for how to plan a Big Day here in
the fall, or wants to join forces (in a socially distant manner), feel free
to reach out.

Linus
*Linus Blomqvist*

View/Reply Online (#31143): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31143