Date: 9/30/20 2:33 pm
From: Florence Sanchez via groups.io <sanchezucsb11...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Green-tailed Towhee
Still present this morning in Chase Palm Park about 7:45 a.m.  It was foraging along the curved path that goes behind the building behind of the performance stage.  Eventually it flew across the path to a clump of bougainvillea and I lost sight of it.  I searched thoroughly for a long time but did not turn up a Dickcissel.  I think the weedy field behind the tall green fence might actually be better habitat for it, but there's no access.
I checked the lerpy euc near the cypress tree and it is still pulling in warblers, but I had nothing rare.  Just Yellow-rumps, lots of Yellows, a Black-throated gray, 1 Orange-crowned.  Elsewhere in the park I heard Wilson's and Common Yellowthroats.
Later I checked the central fountain at the Riviera Business complex and it was still pulling in warblers.  They come down to the edge or stand on the water hyacinths to drink and bathe.  Today I had only yellows and Yellow-rumps.  Some of the Yellow Warblers at both locations are very bright males.
My final stop was to make another try for that elusive American Redstart at Bella Vista open space.  I left yesterday a little after 11:30 only to read it showed up close to 1 o'clock, so I stayed through that time today without success.  I'm now 0 for 5 on that one.  Please continue to post if it shows up again.
Florence Sanchez

View/Reply Online (#31142): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31142
-=-=-
-=-=-