Date: 9/29/20 7:21 pm
From: Meg White <mswhite...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Goleta Beach
Birders,

I drove to Goleta Beach today to look for the Curlew Sandpiper. After finding it on the far west end of the Goleta Beach parking lot area I moved my car to the eastern parking lot across from Goleta Pier. I parked under the tree where the Osprey was devouring a fish and watched him for a while from my car. I then spent 15 minutes with my binoculars walking down the edge of Goleta Slough and then came back to the car to get my scope to view things further away. My scope was in the back of my CRV with a black cover over it, so no one could even see it was there . To my shock and dismay, the keyhole had been drilled out of my car door and my scope was stolen, along with my credit cards, ATM cards, and cash in my wallet I had hidden in the car.

I know a lot of people sit in the area between the restaurant and the hotdog stand and perhaps there were others sitting in parked cars waiting for me to leave I have no idea.

BIRDERS BEWARE...!

If you see a Kowa scope and Manfrotto carbon tripod/Gitzo head for sale on eBay or Craigslist please let me know because it is probably mine!

Sadly, I learned a lesson today,

Meg White
Hope Ranch

View/Reply Online (#31130): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31130