Date: 9/25/20 2:08 pm
From: Jamie Chavez <almiyi...>
Subject: Re: [sbcobirding] Pectoral Sandpiper at Bird Refuge
Some good photos of this duck would be helpful. In recent weeks it has been
reported as a Lesser Scaup and a Ring-necked Duck. eBird checklists have
included mostly unhelpful images so reviewers really can't tell what it is
and we've accepted the claim of Ring-necked Duck so far. A hybrid is a
possibility but nothing is clear from the photos seen so far. Because the
bird is approachable better photos are probably not too much trouble so if
you find yourself at the Bird refuge please try to get some showing
different angles, in good lighting, etc.

--
Jamie Chavez
Santa Maria, CA

View/Reply Online (#31077): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/31077