Date: 9/15/20 8:33 pm
From: Nick Lethaby <nlethaby...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] COPR Buff-breasted Sandpiper
This evening I found a Buff-breasted Sandpiper feeding along the lower tide
rack on the beach west of Coal Oil Point. When I left the bird in the
descending darkness, it was about 250 yards west of where the track to the
Dune Pond leaves the beach. There is some rusty metal sticking about 3 feet
out of the sand where this track meets the beach.

Given the amount of the disturbance along the beach here, I would recommend
getting here early in the morning. The bird was not with other species and
very confiding, but dogs would likely flush it.

--
Nick Lethaby
Goleta, CA

<nlethaby...>