Date: 9/15/20 7:54 pm
From: Mason Maron <mmaron101...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] Banded Caspian Tern
Hey John,

That's great! I love seeing banded birds.

Do you remember what band setup the tern had? So far, every banded Caspian
I've run into has had a color combo + federal on one leg, and a large,
yellow band with a 4 digit code on the other. All of these terns have been
banded near McNary NWR, so I assume there's a correlation there. I'm
curious as to if your tern was banded with the same setup, though I assume
it wasn't. Let me know!

Today I had a banded Caspian at Lake Sammamish, which I have yet to report
(will get to it tonight). I had another last month at Swallows Park near
Clarkston, which was banded back in July of 2007. Bands provide some really
cool insight into bird's lives!

Mason Maron