Date: 9/15/20 6:18 pm
From: Karyn Delaney <delaneykaryn...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Moraine State Park, North Country Trail, North Shore, Sep 15, 2020
Subject: eBird Report - Moraine State Park, North Country Trail, North
Shore, Sep 15, 2020

I returned to the North Shore today and walked the North Country Trail
loop. As it was yesterday, there was a nice wave of warblers along Muddy
Creek (old North Country Trail) to the left of the new bridge. Another
wave appeared near the solar panels past the dam. Walking back downhill to
the bridge, we found a Connecticut Warbler in a third wave. At this same
area, we found a Philadelphia Vireo in a group of Red-eyed Vireos.
Complete list below.

Karyn & Ray Delaney

Moraine State Park, North Country Trail, North Shore, Butler, Pennsylvania,
US
Sep 15, 2020 10:32 AM - 1:44 PM
Protocol: Traveling
2.0 mile(s)
35 species (+1 other taxa)

Chimney Swift 14
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1 juvenile, male
Turkey Vulture 1
Bald Eagle 1
Belted Kingfisher 2
Red-bellied Woodpecker 5
Downy Woodpecker 3
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 1
Acadian Flycatcher 1 heard
Empidonax sp. 4
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Philadelphia Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 9
Blue Jay 8
Black-capped Chickadee 6
Tufted Titmouse 1
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Carolina Wren 7
Gray Catbird 4
Eastern Bluebird 4 2 adults, 2 juveniles
Swainson's Thrush 1
American Robin 1
Cedar Waxwing 32
American Goldfinch 2 feeding fledgling
Eastern Towhee 3
Nashville Warbler 1
Connecticut Warbler 1
American Redstart 1
Magnolia Warbler 2
Bay-breasted Warbler 6 All birds seen had varying amounts of "bay" on
sides. Four were in first wave near Muddy Creek. Three were seen near
solar panels past lake dam.
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 3