Date: 9/15/20 6:03 pm
From: Rob Hofberg <rhofberg...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Riviera Theater and Alice Keck Gardens.
Hi Birdwatchers -
About 4:00 this afternoon I checked out Alice Keck gardens, especially
around the big tipu trees. It was my second day this week without much to
report except that it is swarming with hummingbirds. The park has lots of
flowering shrubs and trees of all types and it is full of hummers. The
majority is Anna's, I saw about 4 Selasphorus sp. and 1 black-chinned.

At 5;00 I went up to the campus where the Riviera Theater is (near the El
Encanto Hotel). In the main parking lot is an immense Eucalyptus tree that
is very lerpy in sections. I spent 45 minutes there and saw warbling vireo,
wilson's warbler, yellow warbler, orange-crowned warbler, blue-gray
gnatcatcher, and 4 western tanagers. There are other tall lerpy eucs on the
campus but this one seemed to be the tree of choice.
Happy Birding,

Rob Hofberg

View/Reply Online (#30970): https://sbcobirding.groups.io/g/main/message/30970
-=-=-