Date: 9/15/20 5:42 pm
From: Karyn Delaney <delaneykaryn...>
Subject: Fwd: eBird Report - Moraine State Park, North Country Trail & Butterfly Trail at McDanel's Boat Launch, Sep 14, 2020
Subject: eBird Report - Moraine State Park, North Country Trail & Butterfly
Trail at McDanel's Boat Launch, Sep 14, 2020

We birded several trails on the North Shore of Moraine yesterday, finding
the most variety and activity along the North Country Trail (old section)
that follows Muddy Creek near the new bridge. We had almost constant
activity for 90 minutes as the birds moved from right to left and back
again near the Sycamore trees. Another wave was found on our way out on
the parallel trail going uphill. A Wilson's Warbler gave wonderful views
low in shrubs. We also saw Bay-breasted, Blackburnian, Black & White,
Black-throated Green, Parula, Magnolia, Hooded, Chestnut-sided and
Blackpoll.

We had previously walked the Butterfly Trails where we say Tennessee, Cape
May, Magnolia, Redstart, Black-throated Green, Chestnut-sided,
Black-throated Blue & Common Yellowthroat. A Swainson's Thrush was also in
this area.

Karyn Delaney
Debbie Kalbfleisch

Moraine State Park, North Country Trail & Butterfly Trail at McDanel's Boat
Launch, Butler, Pennsylvania, US
Sep 14, 2020 1:09 PM - 2:30 PM
Protocol: Traveling
0.75 mile(s)
Checklist Comments: DK, Karyn Delaney. After birding the Butterfly
Trail and surrounding area, we crossed McDaniel Road and walked to the
bridge and birded that area.
24 species (+1 other taxa)

Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Hairy Woodpecker 1
Empidonax sp. 2
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Black-capped Chickadee 4
Tufted Titmouse 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
Gray Catbird 2
American Goldfinch 2
Eastern Towhee 2
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Nashville Warbler 1
Hooded Warbler 1
American Redstart 1
Northern Parula 1
Magnolia Warbler 2
Bay-breasted Warbler 3 All had varying amounts of chestnut on the
sides.
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Chestnut-sided Warbler 1
Blackpoll Warbler 2