Date: 9/15/20 5:30 pm
From: meredith <meredithmcburney...>
Subject: [cobirds] Bird Conservancy of the Rockies - Barr Banding Report, September 15
We had several slow days post-storm and there have been various reports
about birds showing stress or worse due to the weather and probably the
smoke from the fires. So we were really pleased to band 85 seemly healthy
birds today, including 64 warblers of 6 species, most of whom were carrying
some fat. Wilson's as usual led the parade, but we had a total of 17
species. Here's the breakdown for the day:

Eurasian Collared-dove 1
Downy Woodpecker 2
Dusky Flycatcher 2
Cordilleran Flycatcher 1
Warbling Vireo 1 (this bird was leucistic, and very similar to one we
caught last year)
House Wren 1
Ruby-crowned Kinglet 2
Orange-crowned Warbler 6
Yellow Warbler 2
Yellow-rumped Warbler, Audubon's 3
Townsend's Warbler 4
MacGillivray's Warbler 1
Wilson's Warbler 48
Brewer's Sparrow 1
Song Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 7
Gambel's White-crowned Sparrow 1

If you'd like to visit: Due to restrictions related to Covid-19, we are
requiring visitors to make a reservation and we will have only 6 visitors
at the station at a time. We are doing three one-hour time slots, from 8-9,
9-10, and 10-11, on Tuesdays and then Thursdays through Sundays, through
October 11. There is a $5 per person fee; scholarships are available to
those unable to pay. All visitors, staff and volunteers will be wearing
masks and people will be expected to socially distance. To register and for
more information go to
www.birdconservancy.org/bandingregister

Meredith McBurney
Bander, Barr Lake Station