Date: 9/15/20 5:26 pm
From: Peter Kondrashov <pkondrash...>
Subject: Confusing fall warlbers identification Putnam Co.

I enjoyed a nice morning at Rebel's Cove CA (Putnam Co.). Had several
species of warblers and one of them made me scratch my head. It looks like
an immature Bay-breasted with a gray (instead of green-yellow) head and a
compete eyering. Crossley is the only source that I have that shows a bird
similar to this one. Checklist with photo here:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S73633494
Here is a more typical fall Bay-breasted I saw yesterday at Sugar Creek CA:
https://ebird.org/checklist/S73588520
Fall warblers are fun...
Peter

--