Date: 9/15/20 4:31 pm
From: Mary Peterson <m_mpeterson...>
Subject: Salt Plains on 9-15-2020
Hello All,
Mary and I went out to the Salt Plains this morning. We started at the dam. There were 9 least sandpipers and 1 western sandpiper and an avocet. About 1/4 mile west of the spillway, a roadrunner chased another into the brush. Sand Creek Bay had numerous avocets, 2 red-necked phalaropes, both yellowlegs, a willet and stilt sandpipers. The auto tour was full of weeds, with little water visible. Sandpiper Trail remains closed, although I don't know why. The refuge headquarters is also closed as are the toilets at the beginning of the Eagle Roost trail.

Mark Peterson
Bartlesville

Join us on Facebook!