Date: 9/15/20 4:30 pm
From: Hawkcount.Org Reports <reports...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Raccoon Ridge (15 Sep 2020) 1237 Raptors

Unknown Falcon 0 0 0
Unknown Eagle 0 0 0
Unknown Raptor 0 10 20

Total: 1237 3211 3475

Observation start time: 08:45:00
Observation end time: 17:45:00
Total observation time: 9 hours

Official Counter: Jim Thomson

Observers: Jack McCormack, Phil Rodriguez, Tom Campbell

Visitors:
SOBO's " Juice" and " All You Can Eat"
Best of luck the rest of the way !

Hikers- 9

Weather:
Temps- 45-66 Deg.F Wind- AM N/NW@ 4-7MPH
Switching in PM to E@ 2-4mph

A thick persistent upper level haze very noticeable today.
Otherwise a clear and cloudless sky.

Raptor Observations:
BE- 2:50A, 3:07A

PG- 1:21A

A chilly start to the watch this morning that felt refreshing !
Didn't take long for the Broadwings to start moving as we had
some birds lifting off of their roosts upridge within 5 minutes of
us arriving on site. They gave us some really nice looks as they
passed close by on the river side. We had BW's throughout
the day today with our biggest hour coming between 2pm-3pm
tallying 427 BW's for the hour. Not a lot of "kettles" today as
most of our birds simply came strreaming through and most
were right above our heads either slightly left or right of the ridge.
Our Bird(s) of the Day selection goes to the small group of
Broadwings that passed by late in the day below eye level. They
circled a few times to get some elevation which allowed us
even better views in nicer light !! Love it !!

Non-raptor Observations:
Monarch- 19
RT Hummingbird- 2
RB Nuthatch - 2
Cormorant- 1
BV's & TV's
Report submitted by Jim Thomson (<hawkinflight...>)

More site information at hawkcount.org: http://hawkcount.org/siteinfo.php?rsite=339

List help: <jerseybi-request...>
List archives: https://lists.princeton.edu/cgi-bin/wa?A0=jerseybi
NJ Bird Records Committee: www.njbrc.com