Date: 9/15/20 4:23 pm
From: Gerald White <apuffin...>
Subject: Re: [ia-bird] Nighthawks in Buffalo
I think the migration along the river must be a regular occurrence. Years
past my work located me outside and along the banks of the Mississippi
river in Muscatine county where I have seen huge flocking streams of
Nighthawks, just over the water and feeding. On one occasion the stream
was so long that it extended as far as I could see without optics, probably
close to a mile and from the water to thirty feet high. All moving slowly
downstream.
Gerald White
Muscatine