Date: 9/15/20 3:43 pm
From: Nelson Samuels <samnelo...>
Subject: [MBBIRDS] Article on massive bird deaths
https://apple.news/At1v1NnhIS9-64QI_1p_EHw
Since the fires the attendance at my hummingbird feeders has tripled from
about 12 to 30 - 40 including at least 2 Black-chinned. And while walking
yesterday I heard what sounded a lot like a NORTHERN GOSHAWK calling from a
eucalyptus grove, I was unable to find the source. I have heard them in the
Sierra a half dozen times in the last three years so I’m familiar with the
call. The fires have eliminated millions of acres of habitat, we should be
looking for displaced oddities.
Nelson Samuels, Aromas