Date: 9/15/20 2:59 pm
From: Chris Heys <chris.p.heys...>
Subject: [NHBirds] N. Waterthrush, Jaffrey
On September 01 at around 2:00am we awoke to a scratching mewing from the living room. On the rug, under a high chair was a Northern Waterthrush. We photo’d it and let it go. I’ve never heard a warbler make such a noise before.

Three days ago a Northern Waterthrush landed three feet in front of me in just outside the greenhouse and ate from the ground. It had only one leg. I checked the photo I took on the first and (while I can’t be totally certain from this single photo) that bird also had one leg. The bird is still present this afternoon, feeding in the garden.

Pretty cool. I like that stuff. No hummers at the farm in three days.

My father, in Peterborough, reports two YELLOW THROATED VIREOS at his bird bath yesterday morning.

Good birding,
Chris Heys
Jaffrey NH

Sent from my iPhone