Date: 9/15/20 2:59 pm
From: Mark Holmgren <maholmgren33...>
Subject: [sbcobirding] Summer Tanager at Arroyo Burro Creek
An adult male *Summer Tanager* was at Arroyo Burro Creek at the mid-point
between Portofino Way and Torino Drive. I saw it while walking the trail
on the east side of the creek. (34.42483 -119.75054)

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73639815

[image: IMG_6778.jpeg]

Elings Park held nothing of interest.

Visual access is sensitive at Laguna Blanca, but I managed to find a single
spot to scope from along the south-east corner outside of the golf course.
Here was a single *Lesser Yellowlegs*, many Greater Yellowlegs, a
White-faced Ibis, a *Pectoral Sandpiper*, peeps, Cinnamon and Blue-winged
teals. I was surprised to see a pair of *California Quail* here. I could
not confirm a possible Western Kingbird and I would have liked to have
additional looks at the peeps.

https://ebird.org/checklist/S73639797

Mark Holmgren

San Marcos Pass