Date: 9/15/20 2:28 pm
From: Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Curry Week List
I forgot to mention that Em was with Adrian and Chris. She sure trained
those boys of her well and also deserves credit for a most amazing bird
list!

Only one addition today I know of, a juvie light morph BROAD-WINGED HAWK
which circled low over Lone Ranch as I was leaving. It may have even
landed.

Beautiful sunny day with little or no smoke and blue skies. I think many of
the passerines moved on last night as it was clear at least a portion of
the night. Looking like rain brewing over the ocean this afternoon as I
head north.

Merry migration and hoping the rain cleans up the smoke and calms down the
fires!

Tim Rodenkirk

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020 at 6:08 AM Tim Rodenkirk <timrodenkirk...>
wrote:

> Here is a list of the rare birds found in Curry the past week. Mostly
> found by Chris and Adrian Hinkle but Caleb Centanni, Courtney Jett , Colby
> Neuman, Russ Namitz and myself also helped. I think it looks as good as
> any Harney list:
>
> 3- BLACK-AND-WHITE WARBLERS
> 1- BLACKPOLL WARBLER
> 1- TENNESSEE WARBLER
> 1- NORTHERN PARULA
> 1- YB CUCKOO (new species for the county)
> 2- BN STILT (separate locations)
> 1- BREWER'S SPARROW
> 2- YH BLACKBIRDS
> 1- BG GNATCATCHER
> 1- PACIFIC GOLDEN-PLOVER
> LOTSA ELEGANT TERNS (multiple locations)
>

> I may have forgotten a bird or two but it's an incredible list. The skies
> finally cleared yesterday and there are stars out here in Coos Bay now. I
> have not spent much time in Curry in early September- I know better now.
> Time to head south for me!
>
> Happy Birding all,
> Tim Rodenkirk
> Coos Bay