Date: 9/15/20 2:14 pm
From: R Taylor <vorticity4...>
Subject: Re: [GABO-L] Revisiting budget binocular recommendations
Jason

I might suggest a little push back on your friend. I often recommend
Monarch 5's as the best value for the money. But a great second option is
Monarch 3, my back up bins that I keep in my car. They are bullet proof. I
had a pair of Vortex a couple of years ago that I had to sell. I was not
satisfied. People who start with binoculars that are too cheap end up not
liking birding. ...too hard to pick out details, halos, chromatic
aberration, fogging on cold mornings (internal fogging).

My 2 cents

Rick Taylor
Forsyth County.

* My debut novel, THIS ETERNITY, *