Date: 9/15/20 2:00 pm
From: Naomi <nlgoodman...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Shoreline at Mountain View Lake Show
I can't resist a good internet search challenge, particularly when I can multi-task while only giving half my attention to a boring webcast for work I'm actually paid to do...

Coast-Casey takes its name from the pump station, and that name has been in use for the stormwater retention basin since at least the 1990s (the earliest I could find in the MV city records).  The basin receives water from the ditch at the east end of Terminal Avenue, which drains areas that include Casey and Coast streets.  You can see those two areas in the Open Streets map linked below.  I don't know why the pump station was named from those two streets, but a hydrology report for the Palo Alto Flood Basin makes a clear distinction of water received from this basin versus stream flows from other parts of Palo Alto.

Back to work.....

N. Goodman

https://earthworks.stanford.edu/catalog/stanford-dd081mj6419
https://www.valleywater.org/sites/default/files/PAFB%20Hydrology%20Corrected%20Final%20Report%20%28July%202016%29.pdf