Date: 9/15/20 1:48 pm
From: Chandrashekhar Tibrewal <ctibrewal...>
Subject: [Arlington Birds] Black-throated Gray Warbler
Some of us went birding to Plum Island this morning. As soon as we reached
the salt pannes, we met an individual who was excitedly looking at this
bird which he identified as a Black-throated Gray Warbler. I did manage to
take some photos which seem to confirm his identification. Photos are not
sharp but are clear enough to match the description provided by
allaboutbirds.org : "Small warbler with a black-and-white face, gray back,
and black side streaks. Adult males have black throat and a yellow spot in
front of the eye." It looks like the yellow spot in front of the eye might
be a distinguishing feature.

Looking at the distribution map, it looks like a West Coast bird. Are they
known to be vagrants in these parts? Or is it a different bird species?
What do the experts think?

Thanks.

Chandrashekhar Tibrewal
917-603-1361