Date: 9/15/20 1:37 pm
From: Chuq Von Rospach via groups.io <chuqui...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Grant Park?
According to the county park web site, it's Joseph D. Grant County Park:
https://www.sccgov.org/sites/parks/parkfinder/Pages/JosephDGrant.aspx

My earlier posting just used the term their social account used to make
the announcement.

Speaking as the admin without wearing the sash of authority, this sudden
rash of people arguing over and correcting each other on locaiton names
is neither constructive nor particularly interesting, and definitely not
birding related. I do hope it winds itself down before I have to find
where I stashed the sash and say something officially. It kinda comes
across as petty bickering and that isn't a good attitude here on the list.

(the reality is, we all use shorthand and there are many locations that
have many names in common use. Arguing about which commonly used name is
the "right" name just doesn't seem like a productive use of electrons).

--

---------------------------------------

Chuq Von Rospach http://www.chuq.me
Email: <chuqui...>