Date: 9/15/20 12:43 pm
From: Jennie Brooks <2014birder...>
Subject: Re: OKC area birding
I had a great evening at Hefner and no problems with muddy roads. I did
not see the Ibis I was looking for, but I did see a Yellow Crowned Night
Heron. I was surprised how many people were walking the lake dirt roads
with their dogs off leash. The most astonishing sight was in the canal
directly east of MacArthur. I'm not good with estimating numbers, but I'm
going to say there were a variety of at least 50 egrets/herons. Of course
when I stepped out of my car they all flew up into the trees
which surprised me because they didn't seem to notice the cars of the
cyclists. So I got right back into my car and managed some pictures
through the fence. A Black Crowned Night Heron and a juvenile, I think;
many Snowy Egrets and LOTS of Great Egrets too.

On Fri, Sep 11, 2020 at 7:27 PM Jacob Crissup <jcrissup...> wrote:

> You’ll have no issues birding Hefner right now, start at Stars & Stripes
> Park on the South side and work your way around to the West, then North.
>

> *JACOB CRISSUP*
> 405.826.3024
> <jcrissup...>
>
> On Sep 11, 2020, at 5:10 PM, Jennie Brooks <2014birder...> wrote:
>

> I am in need of some good birding this weekend. Heading to Hefner after
> work but wondering how muddy the roads are - anyone know? Where else
> should I go to see some migrants? I'm mostly a backyard birder but this
> weather has me itching to get out and about.
> Thanks!
>
> Jennie Brooks

Join us on Facebook!