Date: 9/15/20 12:34 pm
From: <vemorg...>
Subject: [NEBirds] Bird Conservancy Banding Report - Wildcat Hills, 9/15
Hello everyone,

Though today turned out hot, the smoky haze in the air did keep the sun off so we were able to band a little longer than expected. However, despite the good weather and relatively calm breeze it was a somewhat slow day, with 12 new birds and 3 recaptures of 9 species. This does include one returning Black-capped Chickadee that was banded last year. Though we did not capture any new species, we are hopeful that favorable winds tonight will bring in some new migrants tomorrow.

Banding Summary:
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher: 1
Lesser Goldfinch: 1
Chipping Sparrow: 1
Yellow-rumped (Audubon's) Warbler: 1
Pine Siskin: 3
House Finch: 1
Spotted Towhee: 4
Red-breasted Nuthatch: 1 recapture
Black-capped Chickadee: 2 recaptures

The banding station is located in the back of the Wildcat Hills visitor center, and is open Tuesday through Saturday, weather permitting. Nets open at sunrise and close after six hours or whenever the weather (heat, cold, rain or wind) forces me to close. Visitors are welcome!

This Saturday is public banding day - if you would like to visit and see a banding demonstration, feel free! I recommend visiting before 10:30, as I frequently have to close nets around that time due to sun or wind.

Vicki Morgan
Bander, Wildcat Hills
Bird Conservancy of the Rockies