Date: 9/15/20 12:02 pm
From: JULIANA <juliana.manoliu...>
Subject: Re: [southbaybirds] Shoreline at Mountain View Lake Show
To add to Ryan's tally from closer to 11 AM on the trail between
Shoreline lake and Coast Casey then turning left around Coast Casey :

-6 /*Elegant terns */seen on the A1 posts near the hunter's entrance

- a good 50 /*White pelicans*/ on the hunters' road far toward the North

-two large flocks( around 60 total) of /*brown pelicans*/ flying from
the lake to the Slough- they may have landed far on the slough,  need to
check my distant photos for an ID

-4 of the /*Black skimmers*/ flew from the lake to the slough

-1 /*Common gallinule */ in Coast Casey marsh

-1 /*Sora */in  Coast Casey marsh

-1 /*green heron*/ on the NW dock of the lake

-1 /*Lesser yellowlegs*/ on the South pond of Coast Casey (seen before
getting on the above mentioned route)

Juliana Manoliu

On 9/15/2020 10:54 AM, Ryan Phillips wrote:
> Hi All,
> There was quite a show on the sailing lake island at Shoreline at
> Mountain View (not Shoreline Park, no such thing in Mountain View) at
> 10:20.
>
> Highlights were:
>
> 7 ELEGANT TERNS perched on the island (first for me as I have never
> seen them on the island)
>
> 46 BLACK SKIMMERS (36 adults and 10 juveniles)
>
> 2 SURF SCOTERS
>
> I have not gathered any further information on the name of Coast Casey
> Forebay.
>
> Good Birding,
> Ryan
>
> Ryan Phillips