Date: 9/15/20 11:30 am
From: Jim Forde <jimforde...>
Subject: [ia-bird] Gulls Relocated in Johnson Co.
This morning I had good scoping (40-60X) of the adult LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL (still in alternate plumage?). Twice I located it on the water at Scales Pointe
and it looked very similar to my Hawkeye gull of Sept. 8., which was white-headed also. Considering the date, shouldn't it be unlikely not to be the same gull?

Later I relocated the juv. SABINE'S GULL on the north arm of Lake Macbride. Not many gulls for company but maybe the fish are easier to spot in the clearer waters.

No sign of the Plegadis Ibis of yesterday but the amount of vegetation in the upper end could hide an elephant.

Jim Forde
Cedar Rapids