Date: 9/15/20 11:16 am
From: Naomi Lloyd via groups.io <naomi_kestrel...>
Subject: [hmbirds] This week's destination: 9/17
(Sorry for the previous mistake)

Hello Thursday Birders - long time (March 12 to be precise) no see! Hope you are weathering these difficult circumstances. I'm curious if there's interest in starting up again, masked and socially distanced of course! While some of our usual birding spots are too close-packed, and carpooling is Right Out now, there are still places where we can gather with reasonable confidence.

For example, hawkwatching at Thacher Park should be OK. I suggest we meet at the Overlook at 10:00am, parking in the upper end of the lot. I can't promise 1200+ Broadwings like we had Monday, but there should be some still moving through, as well as other raptors. If anyone wants to join me earlier, I'll be at Black Creek Marsh for a while looking for passerines or leftover marsh birds. Meet at the Hennessey Rd rail crossing at 8:00am.

Naomi