Date: 9/15/20 10:24 am
From: <sherrylee-1...>
Subject: Re: [inland-NW-birders] migration
Re: Mack/Stuart's sightings 9/15/2020 -- On the south end of Priest Lake (Rocky Point) we have had an abundance of Pine Siskins all summer. I would say 30 - 100 are common at our place. On Saturday there was a good sized flock flying around at the Priest Lake golf course also. (Each year is different, some years they are very rare here.) I've noticed they've been flocking together, flying around, for the last couple of weeks & expect them to leave at any time. It always feels like a joyous exit when they leave.
I've been hearing Ospreys (nests behind our cabin) until day-before-yesterday... often it's the juveniles who stay until mid-September.
This morning we had 4 gray jays, a couple of Steller's jays, & a hairy woodpecker, chestnut-backed chickadees ... all year-around regulars here. Pileated woodpeckers are regulars too.

Sherry Lee