Date: 9/15/20 9:07 am
From: Eddie Bartley <eddie...>
Subject: [SFBirds] L Merced Concrete Bridge N. Waterthrush
First off, wow on the Pier 94 rarities! Thanks for those reports.

Noreen and I heard then saw a NORTHERN WATERTHRUSH, SE corner of concrete bridge. It flew in from the east "chinking" loudly and repeatedly, a few seconds later perched up in the willow for about 3 seconds for a good look at 4 feet. It continued to the west calling, we couldn't keep up and lost the sound too.

Also 4 Eared Grebes and a lone female Green-winged Teal paddled around north of the bridge. Otherwise usual migrants, Wilson's, Yellow Warblers, Common Yellowthroats, Pacific-Slope Flycatcher. Seems to be a buildup of GT Grackles in the reeds.

Eddie Bartley

-=-=-
Group Owner: SFBirds+<owner...>

Join us on Facebook!