Date: 9/15/20 9:01 am
From: Cinnamon Bergeron <cinnamonbergeron...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Ruddy Turnstone at Blanca Wetlands
Hello John,

I went out to the Blanca Wetlands yesterday. Wow, that place is beautiful
and HUGE! There are so many ponds.

I was hoping to find some of the Sandpipers that I have not yet seen
(Western and Stilt) and the Long billed Curlew. All I could find were
Pectoral Sandpipers. I reported 50 Pectorals on ebird, but I think there
were more than that. They were everywhere. I did not see any Bairds or
Least. Maybe I am just not capable of telling the difference. I am still
very green when it comes to waterbirds.

It was a fabulous day. I am so glad I went. I got two lifers... Marsh
Wren and Nashville Warbler. I saw lots of other great birds. Here is my
ebird checklist: https://ebird.org/checklist/S73616598

Thank you for your email. It encouraged me to drive 3 hours to see this
fabulous Wetland.

If you have time, let me know if you think I just wasn't looking in
the right place or if maybe I did see them and looked over them.

Cinnamon Bergeron