Date: 9/15/20 9:00 am
From: Pam Hunt <biodiva...>
Subject: [NHBirds] a great morning at Bohanen Farm (Hopkinton)
Hoping for a good batch of migrants, Unity and I explored Bohanen Farm in Hopkinton for about 3 hours this morning. About a mile down the road in the western portion, we came across a flurry of activity a little after 9:00 and ended up standing/sitting in this one spot for over an hour. Over that time we found 44 species, including 13 different warblers. Many of the latter were foraging near ground level less than 20' away, and we had a blast just waiting to see what would show up next. Full eBird stationary count below:

Mourning Dove 4
Ruby-throated Hummingbird 1
Turkey Vulture 1
Yellow-bellied Sapsucker 3
Red-bellied Woodpecker 1
Downy Woodpecker 1
Northern Flicker 5
Least Flycatcher 1
Blue-headed Vireo 1
Warbling Vireo 1
Red-eyed Vireo 3
Blue Jay 3
American Crow 2
Black-capped Chickadee 2
Red-breasted Nuthatch 2
White-breasted Nuthatch 1
House Wren 2
Gray Catbird 8
Swainson's Thrush 1
Hermit Thrush 1
American Robin 10
Cedar Waxwing 20
American Goldfinch 2
Chipping Sparrow 2
White-throated Sparrow 8
Song Sparrow 2
Lincoln's Sparrow 2
Bobolink 1
Northern Waterthrush 1
Black-and-white Warbler 1
Tennessee Warbler 4
Common Yellowthroat 2
American Redstart 2
Northern Parula 2
Magnolia Warbler 5
Blackburnian Warbler 1
Palm Warbler 2
Pine Warbler 1
Yellow-rumped Warbler 2
Prairie Warbler 1
Black-throated Green Warbler 2
Scarlet Tanager 1
Rose-breasted Grosbeak 2
Indigo Bunting 3

Additional species seen on the way out were Rock Pigeon, Killdeer, Cooper's Hawk, Hairy Woodpecker, Pileated Woodpecker, Eastern Phoebe, Common Raven, Tufted Titmouse, Purple Finch, Red-winged Blackbird, and Northern Cardinal, bringing our morning total to 55.

Gotta love fall migration!!

Pam Hunt and Unity Dienes
Concord