Date: 9/15/20 7:59 am
From: Tony Lau <tony...>
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Lake Bde Maka Ska Gulls
Lake Orono is in drawdown, that is the spot that Thomas is talking about.
You can view the lake from many spots on the south side of hwy 10,
including a park that has a boat launch.
18583 Gary St
18583 Gary St, Elk River, MN 55330
https://maps.app.goo.gl/8jZDbxCdXeypgoiLA

Tony Lau
Otsego

On Tue, Sep 15, 2020, 9:36 AM Thomas Gilde <theglide...> wrote:

> Passing through Elk River in the way to the Royalton trailhead of the Lake
> Wobegon bike trail I noticed ample mudflats on the river as I was crossing
> it north of/on the north side of town. These flats were absolutely covered
> with gulls.
>
> I’d like to stop and have a look this afternoon upon my return. If anyone
> knows how to get down to river I’d appreciate any guidance - one can’t stop
> on the bridge to observe them. Hopefully I’ll rub into a kindly gull
> expert who would be willing to tell me what I’m looking at.
>
> Tom Gilde
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> > On Sep 14, 2020, at 8:04 PM, MOU <mou...> wrote:
> >
> > (Posted by Chet A. Meyers <chetmeyers0...> via moumn.org)
> >
> > It's that time of year again for gull watchers. Gulls are massing on
> > Bde Maka Ska with the expected mix of herring, ring-billed and
> > Franklins, maybe more. Too far distant tonight. Stay tuned.
> > Chet Meyers
> >
> > ----
> > Archives: http://lists.umn.edu/archives/mou-net.html
> >
> > During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice
> social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.
>
> ----
>
> During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social
> distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

----

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

Join us on Facebook!