Date: 9/15/20 7:36 am
From: Thomas Gilde <theglide...>
Subject: Re: [mou-net] Lake Bde Maka Ska Gulls
Passing through Elk River in the way to the Royalton trailhead of the Lake Wobegon bike trail I noticed ample mudflats on the river as I was crossing it north of/on the north side of town. These flats were absolutely covered with gulls.

I’d like to stop and have a look this afternoon upon my return. If anyone knows how to get down to river I’d appreciate any guidance - one can’t stop on the bridge to observe them. Hopefully I’ll rub into a kindly gull expert who would be willing to tell me what I’m looking at.

Tom Gilde

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 14, 2020, at 8:04 PM, MOU <mou...> wrote:
>
> (Posted by Chet A. Meyers <chetmeyers0...> via moumn.org)
>
> It's that time of year again for gull watchers. Gulls are massing on
> Bde Maka Ska with the expected mix of herring, ring-billed and
> Franklins, maybe more. Too far distant tonight. Stay tuned.
> Chet Meyers
>
> ----
>
> During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

----

During the pandemic, the MOU encourages you to stay safe, practice social distancing, and continue to bird responsibly.

Join us on Facebook!