Date: 9/15/20 6:04 am From: Lorna West <jjoal...> Subject: Re: [ALbirds] Pelagic possibilities
Y’all stay safe!!!
> On Sep 14, 2020, at 11:41 AM, Lucy & Bob Email <robertaduncan...> wrote:
> Hi all,
> Lucy and I spent a couple of hours looking offshore from Ft. Pickens entrance to the GINS entrance down the road to Navarre this a.m. without any results, except Lucy’s brief spot on WEAR TV’s 11 a.m. news. The negative results were not surprising as pelagics are usually not ahead of the storm. But one never knows, so we tried. My bet is that better chances are when the storm starts to move inland and winds (currently E and fresh in Pensacola Bay) swing more SE & S, if the projected track of Sally holds true. But the heavy rain predicted may squelch any effort to look offshore. Once the storm moves in to interior MS-AL, winds should swing more SW. That may have possibilities. I recall one storm doing that years ago and we went out to the beach not expecting anything and there was a steady procession of Audubon’s Shearwaters moving INSIDE the surf line, moving east. Hope springs eternal.
> Bob Duncan
> Gulf Breeze
Groups.io Links: You receive all messages sent to this group.