Date: 9/14/20 7:35 pm
From: Robert L. Reeves <birder.reeves...>
Subject: [texbirds] Re: Very good numbers of Wilson's Warbler in Lubbock
Much farther east and south, I had 5 or 6 along the park road that runs
behind the Hwy. 290 rest stop across the Pedernales R. from the LBJ Ranch
just east of Stonewall. I probably could've found more if I had covered
more territory.

Robert Reeves
Pflugerville, TX

On Sat, Sep 12, 2020, 11:35 AM Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
wrote:

> Greetings All:
>
> Aside from hummingbirds, what really stood out about Clapp Park this
> morning was the number of Wilson's Warblers at the site. There are
> four spots at the site where warblers can bathe and I had eight, six,
> four, and four Wilson's Warblers at these spots alone. Additionally I
> had at least six in the sunflowers along the west edge of the main
> playa, three at shrubhenge, two in willows along the east edge of the
> northeast playa, at least six along the dike, two in the willows at
> the north end of the park, and five in the arboretum.
>
> That makes for at least forty-six (and as I wasn't tallying
> incidentals encountered along my route - to minimize the likelihood of
> double-counting this is a minimum count) Wilson's Warblers at the
> site.
>
> This is evocative of numbers we used to encounter at favorable sites
> in the late 1990s/early 2000s!
>
> It is also consistent with other reports, including one from Mark
> Lockwood at Lake Balmorhea, of unusually high numbers of Wilson's
> Warblers.
>
> Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock
>
> Reposting of traffic from TEXBIRDS is prohibited without seeking
> permission
> from the List Owner

Join us on Facebook!